Monday, August 20, 2007

Three Days

Monday, Aug 20:

Yippee! Two miles again, this time at a decent pace. The first mile was 8:42, not bad. In the second mile I still felt awkward, which is normal lately, but the time was 8:08! This is a plenty good pace during plantar fasciitis recovery. I’m a happy runner. Next 2.5 miles, maybe Wednesday.

Sunday, Aug 19:

Sunday my sweeties ran a 20-miler on the Gateway trail (yay for them!), while I biked 30 miles in 2:18, some of that on the Gateway. Misty and soggy, the biking was a little slower than usual, about 13 mph average. It must take some extra energy to spin a circle of water continuously off both tires. It certainly isn’t as pleasant as biking in dry weather, but there were plenty of others out there on bikes.

I was a little surprised at how cold I felt in the rain, with an outdoor temperature over 60. I started out and came right back home for knee covers and a wind shirt, then started again. Lots to learn about biking. I eventually came home sooner than planned because the right knee was complaining a little again, but otherwise could have kept going and maybe should have. It seems to settle down if I ride longer, and doesn’t hurt later in the day after the ride.

Saturday, Aug 18:

Two miles running and another mile walking, with the St Croix Valley Runners. I started with them, at the back of the pack, ran a mile, then took a shortcut and walked about a mile, then ran the last mile with them again. It felt wonderful. No pain from the Plantar fasciitis. It’s been about seven weeks since I last ran to miles or more, so this was a victory! A Masterpiece, if you will.


Fruit snack:
Fruit snack
Organic strawberries, organic grapes, organic apple, organic nectarine, papaya, organic yogurt, organic walnut. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 5. Took 20 minutes to eat this.

Mango oatmeal breakfast:
Breakfast oatmeal with mango and more
Organic oatmeal, organic skim milk, blueberries, kiwi, organic strawberies, and a whole mango. I'm really learning to enjoy a nice mango. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 5.

Another snack:

Blueberries, organic nectarine, organic strawberries, pistachios. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 2.

No comments: