Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Genuine 5k Training Run

Whoopee! A measured 5k training run with no plantar-fasciitis pain at all. None. Last Saturday’s three-mile run had a half-mile walk in the middle, and a relatively easy pace. Today I ran a little faster, breathing mostly at a rate of four footfalls per full breath but sometimes as rapidly as three. Time 26:17, pace 8:29. It’s a masterpiece!

But I sure am out of shape! That run was hard work, not quite a race pace but almost. In May of this year, at Race for the Cure, I ran a 5k in 22:40, more than a minute per mile faster. “They” say that it takes twice as long to regain the speed as it did to lose it. If so, I will not be back to pace until January at the earliest. But getting there will be days and days of masterpieces.

Incidentally, Race for the Cure was the race where I blew the plantar fascia which I have since been trying to rebuild. Perhaps there is a message there (e.g. don’t race?) but I hope not. I love to race.


Fruity oatmeal breakfast
Organic oatmeal, organic skim milk, organic grapes, pineapple, banana, mango, blueberries. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 6.

Chicken & chard lunch
No-hormone no-antibiotic chicken, organic seedless grapes, organic swiss chard, pistachios, dried cranberries or organic raisins. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 5.

Beef potroast
Leftover roast: no-hormone no-antibiotic beef potroast, local organic carrots, onions, mango, organic nectarines. Estimated Weight Watcher points = 5.

No comments: