Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Wonderful Six Miler

What a beautiful, enjoyable run! This morning I was near Knoxville, TN, and ran on the Alcoa-Maryville Greenway Trail. It’s a pedestrian & bike trail nine miles long, mostly through the woods along a happy babblingSpring Flowers in Tennessee brook called Pistol Creek. It’s lighted every 75 feet with a street lamp, and the locals say that bad things don’t happen there. I ran the six miles before sunrise and never wished I had a headlamp. I’ve said it before; I love this trail.

Time 50:54, pace 8:29. Not a hot pace, but I don’t care. Bird calls, bunnies, a full moon, fruit trees in bloom, and the beginning of light from the coming sun, all flavored the run. I saw a drake Mallard chasing after a hen. She was having none of that feller, but there was another drake nearby who seemed to have a satisfied smile on his face.

No comments: