Sunday, April 22, 2007

Post-Race Recovery Run

Running:

Breezy, hilly, 68 degrees, six miles in 52:30, pace 8:45, plenty fast for a recovery run. My sweeties and I ran the same route, consisting of an out-leg, then five loops, and then back. But we did the loops in opposite directions, so we greeted each other frequently during the run. Slight pain in the right knee at the start, smack in front below the kneecap, probably the meniscus. But it faded.

Now I’m tired, thirsty, hungry, and badly in need of a shower. Otherwise I feel wonderful! Really. That’s what it’s like to be a runner. Someone should write a song about it.

Chunky smoothieHoneydew, cantaloupe, apple, blueberries, yogurt, asiago cheese. It's a picnic!

Myeloma:

Thalidomide was discontinued after last Tuesday evening, so the side effects are fading now, although my waking heart rate was just 38 this morning. That’s low even for me; normal is about 48. The rash seems a little better already, and experience says that the heart rate will come back up to normal within a week or two. Urine collection and then blood tests Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Results a week later.

No comments: