Saturday, January 16, 2016

Eight Mile "Long Run"

Because of the injury to my left little toe, I missed the opportunity to do a longer run last weekend.  Since last Monday, though, I have done shorter runs on five of the six days, including two four-mile runs on Thursday and finally eight miles today, for a total of 27 miles.  That total may not make up for a long run, but it will have to do.  No run tomorrow - run again Monday.

The best news is that I feel great, no whining at all, and the toe hardly bothers any more.  I am as ready as I can get and I will taper from here until the marathon.

Today I again fast-walked 12 laps of each 13-lap mile, running the last lap, except that I ran three laps in the eighth mile.  It went very well, and I had energy left at the end, though I doubt I could have kept up the resulting 12-minute pace for 26 miles.  That's OK - every marathon that we are looking at this year can be finished with a pace of 15 minutes per mile, and most allow 16.

Mile splits: 12:01, 11:56, 11:55, 11:57, 11:53, 12:06, 12:07, 11:13, total 1:35:08, average pace 11:54

No comments: