Saturday, August 15, 2015

Too Far to Swim

Saturday, August 15, 2015:

My sweeties & I are on the right
So said my friend Tom this morning.  The air was so warm and humid that he and another runner decided to cut short their usual six-mile run, turning around early and running about four instead.

Steve and I walked four miles and, because we were just walking, we weren't bothered quite as much by the sticky weather.  We finished at a pace just under 14 minutes / mile.

Splits 27:18, 27:24, total 54:42, 4.0 miles, pace 13:41.

Friday, Aug 14:

12-mile bike ride.  In Minnesota, these are the dog days of August.  I had things to do in the morning, so had to delay the bike ride until afternoon, when the temperature was in the low 90's and the dew point in the low 70's.  Barely livable!  Running would have been out of the question, but bike riding is possible because the rate of energy output is elective, and there is a self-created cooling breeze.

I rode from home to Zephyr park, then the Zephyr Trail to Gateway, then back, for 12.2 miles in 1:01:19 and a speed of 11.9 mph, actually faster than I intended to go.  My legs were a little sore the next morning, which tells me that I need to do this more often, at least once a week.

Wednesday, Aug 12:

Hurried 5K.  Lots to do today, so I just did a 5K this morning.  Splits: 21:51 out, 22:28 back, total 44:20, pace 14:18.

No comments: