Friday, March 06, 2015

Shoveling

Tuesday, March 3, 2014

Snow fell Tuesday morning, not a lot but enough that I needed to use the snowblower.  When we get more than an inch or so, I blow the snow off our 250-foot blacktop driveway, full width, and then scrape the same surface with a 30-inch scraper shovel, lifting the snow completely off the side of the driveway.

The snowblower leaves a thin layer of snow on most of the surface, and the scraping removes most of that, leaving a much thinner layer.  Together they give the best chance for sunshine and natural ablation or sublimation to render the surface totally black, free of all snow.  Then the next snow comes ...

I don't count this as running or even walking - I think that the total distance walked is less than a mile - but it certainly is exercise and I call it a cross-training day.

Sunday, March 1, 2014 - Elliptical

The injury to my left hip flexors seems to be healing - at least it doesn't bother me at night now - but I'm still not running.  I'd rather let it heal and find other ways to get my exercise.  Today I went to Anytime Fitness and pounded the elliptical for a little over 30 minutes, up to about 600 calories I think.  Anyway it felt like enough and I went home.

No comments: