Friday, February 01, 2013

New Brooks Launch Shoes

Thursday, January 31, 2013:

I expected to be tired today after twelve miles on Tuesday, but I felt just fine.  Better than fine, this run felt wonderful.  I did a run/walk, with a ratio of about 3 to 1, aiming for an overall pace of about 10 minutes per mile and achieving a little better than that.

I have run every one of my 70 marathons in Brooks shoes.  First the Burn, and then when they stopped making the Burn I searched around for a while, trying the Glycerine, Ghost, and Summon, and finally liking the Launch when Brooks eventually brought those out.  Like the Burn it’s a lightweight trainer, moderately cushioned, and I use it for everything - short training runs up to a marathon race.  I broke in a new pair of the Launch today. This is my eighth pair, and I ran through 20 pairs of the Burn before the Launch.

Whining: None.

Splits: 10:10, 9:33, 9:32, 9:32, 9:35, 9:29, total 57:52, average pace 9:39.

No comments: