Thursday, November 01, 2012

More Grass Trails

Wednesday, Oct 31, 2012:

I love this time, when I can run in the park’s amazingly satisfying grass/dirt/sand trails and not worry too much about twisting something, because there is no marathon looming.  The Honolulu Marathon is still four weeks away, and anyway they have a very long time limit, so I could walk the whole way if necessary.

Albuquerque runners
Today I ran 5.16 rather hilly miles in 53:12, for a pace of 10:19.  Almost all running, walking only up or down the steepest hills.  That’s a little faster than Monday, on a similar route, but maybe not, because I stopped a couple of times Monday to water the grass and didn't stop my watch for those short breaks.  Anyway it’s plenty good for this rough, hilly trail.

Whining: Both knees squawked a little going down hills.  In the right knee with PFS I’m sure it’s just the PFS acting up, but pain in the left knee is new.  I think it’s probably PFS also, but time will tell.  Anyway these little pains were not limiting in any way, and I had a delightful and very energetic run.  Life is good.  Very good.

No comments: