Wednesday, October 17, 2012

That’s More Like It

Tuesday, Oct 16, 2012:

Sunday’s five-mile run felt like all that I could do, but today’s five miler was easy and energizing.  I’m not sure what caused that difference.  I ran all the way on Sunday, and only about 2/3 of the time today, but that’s not the only difference because I felt much better right from the first step today.  That’s a good omen for the upcoming marathon, I hope.

Homemade oatmeal pancake
with organic fruit & yogurt.
4.95 miles in 50:30, for a pace of 10:12, about 30 seconds per mile slower than Sunday, but nevertheless a good pace for me.  I still want to get back some of the speed that the dexamethasone (chemo) took away, but this is fine for now.

Whining: In the last three runs I have felt some pain in the left knee during the run and especially afterward, most especially today.  It’s transient - doesn’t last until the next day, so I haven’t logged it until now.  This is not the knee with the diagnosed patellofemoral syndrome (PFS) problem.  I haven’t figured out yet whether this is also PFS, but I almost hope so, because that would probably mean that I can resolve it with physical therapy.  Better yet, maybe it will just go away.

No comments: