Monday, October 29, 2012

Luggage Injury

Saturday, October 27, 2012:

As we boarded the train back home from Albuquerque, I pulled a muscle in my back lifting a suitcase up onto the luggage racks.  At first it hurt a lot, to do almost anything actually, but the injury was Monday and now it’s Saturday, and the pain is much less.  We went to Stillwater to run with the St. Croix Valley Runners, as we usually do on Saturdays, and there wasn't much pain at all.

Friends in Albuquerque

Paul, Dave, and I ran the five-mile Lake McKusick route in 48 minutes, for a pace of 9:36.  No walking.  I felt pretty strong, actually, six days after the marathon.  Life is good - it’s a masterpiece.  Temperatures are in the high 40's and low 50's these days, no snow yet, I’m anxious to get out and run on the grass trails in the park this week.

Thursday, October 25:

I pulled a muscle in my back lifting a suitcase up onto the luggage racks in the Amtrak coach.  That made today’s run/walk a little painful, especially at first.  So I took it easy and the pain gradually got better, allowing me to run at a normal speed toward the end.  It’s just a muscle pull, so it will get well soon enough.

No comments: