Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Joyous Run

This was the first run since the marathon, and it felt wonderful. Until now I’d been trying to heal the sports hernia, but now I don’t care about it because the surgical fix is scheduled for next week. In the meantime I can run as much as I like. 5.76 miles on paved trails in the park, in 1:1:02:19, for a pace of 10:49. The temp was 63 degrees, and the trails were dry.

I started with a walk / run ratio of 1 to 1 for the first half of the distance, taking it easy, then switched to 1 to 3 for the second half. Overall pace for the first half was 11:22, and for the second half 10:17.

Whining: The sports hernia hurt a little most of the way, and the right knee spoke up a few times, but the pain was not a limiting factor and not really even a distraction. Who cares - I’ll be in rehab soon enough. It's a masterpiece.

Timing: 32:43, 29:36, total 1:02:19.


No comments: