Monday, December 12, 2011

Team Continuum Run

At the conference of the American Society of Hematology (ASH) in San Diego, we held a small run to get publicity for Team Continuum and Tackle Cancer. Both charities were started by men with myeloma. Patrick Crayton of the San Diego Chargers came to see us off, in honor of his friend Elijah Alexander, who has died since starting Tackle Cancer. The press was there, especially some of the foreign press covering the ASH conference.

We had a very nice 4-mile run along the waterfront. I suggested 10-minute miles, and I think we went a bit faster than that because I was dragging toward the end, but I needed it and felt good afterward. San Diego is a great place to run.

Before and after the run, the reporters interviewed me about running marathons with cancer. I’m surprised to find that I enjoy those interviews.

Thanks again to Patrick Crayton, a great guy and friend of another great guy.

No comments: