Sunday, December 04, 2011

Charities Challenge Indoor Races

Gary Westlund’s Charities Challenge hosts a Sunday morning indoor track event at Bethel University several times during the winter, and today was the first. There are races at 60 m, 200 m, 400 m, 800 m, 1500 m (sometimes a mile instead), and 5km. This time a 5k racewalk was on tap, and a 400 m relay as well.

Usually I race when I go there, but today I mostly just wanted to log a few miles on the outer perimeter of the track and enjoy watching the races on the inner lanes. I ran 3 1/2 miles, and then decided to do an 800 m race after all. I finished that in about 3:40, which is not a good time, even for me.

Leg muscles felt weary, though, even before the race, possibly from a marathon a week ago, and undoubtedly from running a 3 1/2 mile warmup at a pretty good pace.

Wild Alaskan sockeye salmon (canned) with peas and cheese, strawberries, dills, and heritage cherry tomatoes. All organic but the salmon and the cheese:

No comments: