Thursday, June 23, 2011

Recovery Run

Wednesday, June 22, 2011:

Raining this morning, so we three picked up Jim and ran for an hour at the Stillwater Bubble. In that time, Jim and I ran about six miles. He could have gone faster and farther, of course, but had run a speedy half marathon a few days before and seemed content with an easy recovery run with me today. We chatted a lot.

Patellofemoral syndrome, runner’s knee: The right knee hurt a bit at the start, but I ran anyway, and by golly after a while it felt better. Toward the end I didn’t think about it at all, though it did hurt a little when I stopped and walked. Man, I’m tired of bitching about that knee!

Except for the knee, I felt great after the run and had a good session later with the therapist who is trying to correct the underlying muscle weaknesses that presumably contribute to the runner’s knee.


Organic bison with onions and organic mustard, organic tomatoes, organic squash with a little pepper sauce:

No comments: