Friday, May 27, 2011

No Pain!

Jim and I enjoyed a wonderful, cool, but sunny 5-mile run on the grass/dirt trails in the park this morning. He is recovering from an injury, and I am trying to get past "runner’s knee." He didn’t complain of pain, and neither did I. The knee muttered softly, but never really called out about any problem. I ran all of the way except over short fields of gopher holes, and down a few steep hills. I ran uphill! Toward the end I was pooped, unfortunately, but this was fast for me (usually is with Jim) and endurance will come if I can run like this more frequently and longer.

5.0 miles in 51 minutes even - that’s a pace of 10:12, which is very good for me on these hilly trails. It’s a masterpiece!

Tonight's dinner: Chicken bake with leftover organic chicken, organic peas & spinach, quinoa, and three cheeses. Add organic grapes, organic strawberries, and colorful organic heritage plum tomatos. Plus a bottle of pretty good beer.

No comments: