Monday, May 09, 2011

Good Run In The Park

Monday, May 9, 2011:

I had a very good run in the park today, using the paved trails because of recent rain. NO walking at all - one brief stop to clear a fallen branch from the trail.

Not a lot of other people out there today, no doubt because of that rain. The forecast said that it might continue, but the radar showed that it was unlikely to happen soon, so we ran.

5.8 miles in 56:20, pace 9:43, almost as fast as I was running this route last summer. I can get there.

Slight pain in the middle of the right knee joint, went away over the first two miles. It’s a masterpiece!

Saturday, May 7, 2011:

St Croix Runners, regular Saturday 5-mile run. First run with them this year. I ran with Dave, who right now seems to be uninjured and quite a bit faster than I am. Everyone in the group is! He was kind enough, though, to reign in a bit for me and we had a nice chat.

Time 49:20, for a pace of about 9:52. It was all I could do today. My legs still felt tired from the marathon, and the right knee hurt a little at first.

Thursday, May 5, 2011:

3.7 miles in the park today, four days after the marathon. Feels great! I ran almost the whole way, including the hills. Legs wwere a bit tired, especially at the end, and my time was not great, but hey it’s the first run since the marathon.

Slight pain in the right knee, seems like right in the middle of the joint. It gradually went away as I ran. It’s a masterpiece!

Wild-caught Alaskan Sockeye Salmon, key lime jelly, organic sweet pickle relish, organic strawberries, organic spinach, organic quinoa, organic feta cheese, organic yogurt.

No comments: