Sunday, December 05, 2010

Indoor Racing

Charities Challenge Indoor Races at Bethel College. This was the first of five of these events. We pay one price for the day and run as many of the scheduled races as we like. I decided to run all but two, the 60 m sprint and the 1500 m race walk. Times:

200 m 0:41
400 m 1:35
800 m 3:26
1500 m 7:01
I had intended to jog most of the races, except perhaps the 1500, to take it easy on my sore semitendinosus muscle (one of the hamstrings), but it didn’t bother much and the race was on, so I pushed pretty hard in each of the races. Maybe not so smart - that hamstring does ache a little now, after getting home.

I had a wonderful time, though. There is nothing quite so exhilarating as running full-out for 200 meters, twice the length of a football field. Maybe a 100-meter race would be great too, but it’s only half as long, so only half as much fun. Races longer than 200 m are fine too, but they feel a little more like work. I skipped the 60-m race this time out of respect for that weak semitendinosus muscle. Great day - it’s a masterpiece!

She did not race today:

1 comment:

SteveQ said...

I had planned to be there, but slept in (much like your cat). I see the times of my friends, but I'm not sure whether to congratulate them or not - it's getting too hard to keep track of what people can do at different distances!