Friday, December 03, 2010

Double Dome Runs

Thursday, Dec 02, 2010:

We picked up Jim today and again ran in the Stillwater Bubble. Six miles, with the last one or two at a run/walk, like yesterday. That really does make the left semitendinosus muscle hurt less. Time goes faster, too, when I run with Jim. Nice run - I felt good afterward, and the muscle again seemed a bit better than the day before.

Wednesday, Dec 01, 2010:

Six miles today in the Stillwater Bubble. I was able to run most of that distance, switching to a walk for one of the short legs of the rectangle.

In the Bubble I run by time, not mileage, but I did confirm that I was running just a little slower than 9-minute miles for the first four miles, and almost 10-minute miles for the last two, even with the run/walk.

The left semitendinosus muscle started to hurt a little right away, but never became a limiting pain. It’s a little better when I do the run/walk - it seems to recover somewhat during the walk. I think it was a little better than yesterday.

After the run I did discover that one of my stretches, a standing cross-legged stretch of the ITB, pulls on the semitendinosus muscle and hurts quite a bit. It’s the only activity I’ve found, besides running. that makes it hurt.


Roasted vegetables (and one fruit): Parsnips, beets (2 kinds), purple cabbage, mango, radish, & rutabaga, topped with spicy olive muffalata (yum) and a few dabs of hot pepper sauce:
Roasted vegetables

No comments: