Thursday, April 15, 2010

Run In The Park

Thursday, April 15 (tax day):

Grass trails in the park. Not much energy this afternoon, I’m not sure why. I walked up all of the hills, even a few times on the flat. It got a little better as the run went on, but I never felt strong and light on my feet.

I was surprised, along the trail, to have a dead bird about the size and color of a grossbeak dropped almost at my feet. A flurry of wings, probably a hawk startled by my presence, dropped its prey. I ran past and turned around, starting the cell phone video cam, hoping the bird of prey would return to pick up its dinner. But if it did come back, it had more patience than I.

5.2 miles in 57:12, pace 11:00. I’ll do better. This was the last run of the week (my weeks start on Saturday), and total mileage for the week is 34. That’s a lot for me - I think I should cut back some next week, and then build up again, maybe eventually up to 40 miles/week if everything hangs together. We’ll see.

Tuesday, April 13:

Recovery Run. Two and a half easy miles in the neighborhood, first run since Saturday’s marathon. The left ankle squawked a bit at first, and something was tight in the crotch area, but those things smoothed out and I ran fairly easily, if slowly. The pace turned out to be just under 10:00. Good enough.


Salad as tonight's dinner. Organic romaine, cucumber, and fennel underneath. Organic pear, avocado, organic strawberries, kiwi, organic pecans. Not shown: Organic roasted chicken.
Dinner

No comments: