Thursday, April 29, 2010

Grass Trails

Tuesday, April 27:

Nephew Luke stopped by today, and we ran the 6.9-mile loop in the park together. He is much faster than I, but was entirely patient with my frequent little walks. I enjoyed that run and the conversation - hope we do it again.

And despite those walks we finished the loop in just over 1:08, which may be my best time for that loop this year. Pace just about 10:00, okay for a hilly dirt & grass trail. 60 degrees with mostly sun - a beautiful day and a beautiful run. No pains, no strain. It’s a masterpiece.

Sunday, April 25:

The day after the Get In Gear 10k I was determined to run an easy, short run. We three went to the park and the paved trails, where I ran 3.6 miles in 33:40, pace 9:21, short enough but faster than I intended. Oh well. No problems.


Breakfast isn't always oatmeal. This time it was Trader Joe's gluten-free granola, underneath an organic pear, strawberries, banana, kiwi, frozen blueberries, walnuts, and kefir.

No comments: