Saturday, March 06, 2010

Outdoor Running

Saturday, March 6, 2010:

Nice group at the St Croix Valley Runners today. I ran with Gauss and George, while others went ahead. The weather seemed cold, although it was 14 degrees - I guess I’m getting tired of the cold. Gauss suggested a long run Sunday morning, which I would normally love to do, but I decided instead to run in the afternoon when it will probably be 20 degrees warmer.

We finished the five miles in 47:47, for a pace of 9:33. I enjoy running with those guys.

Thursday, March 4, 2010:

This was a 4.2-mile loop run in the neighborhood, one I’ve done many times. Today I made it a point not to walk at all, even up the hills, and I finished it in 37:44, for a pace of 8:50, the fastest I’ve run this route in months. I like that. Off DEX for three months now, I can already measure an increase in the diameter of my calf muscles, other muscles should follow, and I should start to get a little running speed back.  I like to be competitive.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010:

We tried the paved trails at the park today, all three of us. Normally there is a 2.2-mile loop which is partly along roads and partly in woods, but right now some of that is not plowed and still has quite a deep snow pack. Nevertheless, I was able to do enough out-and-back segments to get in 5.8 miles in 55:04, for a pace of 9:30. I didn’t really hurry, and I did walk a little. Nice run.

Chicken salad.  I probably put a little organic wine vinegar on it too.

No comments: