Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Gosh I'm Beat

Tuesday, March 9, 2010:

I felt tired today, right from the start of the 12-mile run. Why would that be? Not enough sleep lately; not enough food (I’ve been trying to lose a little weight); too much hard exercise, including hours of firewood cutting and splitting Saturday, plus heavy resistance training yesterday. Those are the reasons I can think of offhand. The marathon two weeks ago could be a factor, but I’ve had good runs since then.

We three all went to the Stillwater Bubble to run today. I finished the first ten miles running, not walking, probably averaging about 10 minutes per mile (I timed one loop at 9:35), and finally just couldn’t produce energy fast enough to run all the time. I even felt a littlle lightheaded at times - just a little. So I walked about a fourth of the distance for the last two miles. 121 minutes total, probably not quite 12 miles, but I’ll count it 12 anyway.

I can’t recall another run where I wished it was over during the first mile. I’m sure it’s happened, but this one was very special. :-)

Sunday, March 7, 2010:

Another 4.2-mile run in the neighborhood. Sunshine and I ran the first couple of blocks together, and then I took off. But I didn’t feel very strong today, and even walked a little up a few hills. Time was 39:25, for a pace of 9:23. It’ll have to do.

Lunch: Sliced, baked organic vegetables including beets, onions, sweet potatoes, yellow peppers, & parsnips; organic blue-corn chips with flax seeds, filberts, Sunshine's homemade guacamole.

1 comment:

peter said...

That looks and sounds delicious, as usual. Your running sounds fine to me! I ran twice this week as I return from an injury and yesterday I was getting seriously out of breath and considering taking a walking break on my easy run and I looked at my stop watch and it was only at 5 minutes! I continued on for the whole 20 minutes tho and it was good. Hang in there Don.