Friday, March 06, 2009

Good News

First, there is good news on my myeloma blog. Cancer markers went down. Yay!

Thursday we three went once again to the North St Paul Community Center and ran on the indoor track. Way better than running outdoors on public streets in the fog. I ran ten miles, for the first time in a while, and it was entirely uneventful. No pains, no problems, not even the back pain of three days before.

I took water after every two miles, which accounts for the odd-even difference in splits. In the final two miles I was able to go a little faster, suggesting that maybe I could have maintained the pace a little longer in a race. Next week the "long" run will be 13 miles, building toward marathon season.

Splits: 8:46, 8:50, 9:03, 8:51, 9:02, 8:52, 9:06, 8:47, 8:51, 8:33, total 1:28:41, pace 8:52. It’s a masterpiece!


Click to enlarge, BACK to return here
Breakfast after Thursday's run: Gluten-free oatmeal with a few organic flame raisins, blueberries, organic strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, walnuts, dark chocolate, fat-free organic milk.

5 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

So happy to hear the good news about your cancer and back! And that fruit looks wonderful. I noticed that you mentioned it was breakfast after your run. What do you eat before your runs?

Don said...

Thanks Shirley!

I don't eat before runs, because it gives me a tummy ache. Need a 4-hour food-free window. But gels during a marathon seem to be fine, go figger.

Don

Beth said...

I'm so glad your back is better and your Mayo visit went so well. Good for you!!

Kel said...

A masterpiece indeed, Don :)

peter said...

Glad your news was good, yay. And your running is going great.