Thursday, May 15, 2008

Three Runs

Thursday, May 15:

Gateway Trail, four miles. The left knee started to hurt a little just after three miles, so I mostly walked the last mile back to the car rather than pound on it. After the run there was no pain at all, except a little going UP stairs. I still think it’s ITB, but will see a sports doctor. Gotta get past this!

Splits: 7:58, 7:54, 8:05, 12:39, overall pace 9:15.


Wednesday, May 14:

Local roads, one mile out & one mile back, splits 8:38 & 8:17, total 16:55, pace 8:28. No problems or pains of any kind. That’s very good news, but of course it’s only two miles. I’ll go a little longer tomorrow.


Monday, May 12:

NSPCC track, 2/3 mile at about a 10:00 pace. Then the left knee started to hurt a little so I stopped. Not sure what that knee problem is but I’d sure like to get rid of it. Right now I’m treating it as illiotibial band (ITB) syndrome, and doing extra stretches. We’ll see.


Three Breakfasts:
Breakfast 1
Irish oatmeal with organic flame raisins and dried cranberries, fresh blueberries, Don's nut/berry/fruit mix, pecans, banana, organic pomegranate juice, nonfat organic milk.

Breakfast 2
Irish oatmeal with organic flame raisins and dried cranberries, fresh blueberries, pistachios, pecans, macadamia nuts, nonfat organic milk. Very nutty breakfast!

Breakfast 3
Irish oatmeal with organic flame raisins and dried cranberries, fresh blueberries, nonfat organic milk, banana, pinepple, organic pomegranate juice, organic strawberries, mango, organic walnuts.

1 comment:

peter said...

Bleh. I was going to suggest running 8-minute miles for awhile but I see you are doing that. My legs feel beat up after Cincinnati too but I didn't do a HM one week later. I was a slackard. We'll see on Sunday for me, I have lined up a 10K followed immediately by a 3K (same race).