Friday, January 04, 2008

Comforting Run

North St Paul Community Center overhead track, 12 miles in 1:42:15, average pace 8:31. I was feeling a little morose because of recent myeloma test results (poor baby) and really didn’t want to do this run, but Sweetpea and Sunshine were encouraging and off we went. Twelve miles later I felt quite a lot better, especially after the speedier last mile. The community center was busy, always people on the track, all going different speeds, even one runner who was going faster than I was for a while. Normally I’m passing almost everyone, walkers and runners. I liked all that activity, even though it involved a little zig-zagging around people.

Splits: 8:44, 8:31, 8:44, 8:31, 8:45, 8:25, 8:39, 8:25, 8:46, 8:31, 8:31, 7:43. Water after miles 2, 4, 6, & 8; I usually walk a half lap when taking water. Natural pace around 8:25 to 8:30, breathing four footfalls per full breath until the last mile, then three footfalls.

Recent dinner
Recent salmon dinner: Fresh-caught Alaskan salmon (canned) with yogurt and spices, naval orange, organic chard with cranberries and pistachios.

No comments: