Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Stillwater Bubble

5.49 miles at the Stillwater Bubble, 47:38, pace 8:41. Just my second trip to the inflated soccer dome this winter, and I misunderstood the rules, thinking that walkers and runners could use the place from 6:00 am until 3:00 pm. I had planned a half-marathon semi-long run, from about 9:15 to 11:15. But upon arrival I learned that the walkers and runners only have the facility until 10:00 am, after which the sport switches to slow-pitch softball or golf. I ran right up until the 10:00 am limit, then sat and watched slow-pitch with Sweetpea for a few minutes. No problem - next time I can plan appropriately. Maybe I can get in the half-marathon somewhere tomorrow. No muscle soreness today.

But: Slight pain in the right knee today while running. I’ve had a little pain in that knee occasionally for a few weeks, after running, but not during the run. Today I may have twisted the knee slightly as I turned around to chat with a guy walking with a 40-lb backpack (how much does it weigh, yada yada) and, of course, I was continuously turning corners, always in the same direction. We’ll see what comes of this. Not much pain now after the run.

Lunch
Lunch: Wild rice, organic squash, Sunshine's special nightshade-free pasta sauce, Sunshine's gluten-free nutty chocolatey bread.

Salad
Salad: Organic romaine, pistachios, hibiscus blossoms, blue cheese, avocado in lime juice, olives, raspberry vinegar.

Dinner
Dinner: No-hormone no-antibiotic chicken with onions, organic squash, organic sweet potato.

No comments: