Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sun 2006 Oct 15, 21.75 mi, 47 deg

To Selma's Ice Cream in Afton & back, 21.75 mi, 3:13:34, pace 8:54. 37 degrees at the start, 57 at the end. I wore shorts with a long and a short tech shirt the whole way but was plenty warm toward the end. Unimpressive pace, but many excuses. Ran all the way up the big 8th St hill in Lakeland, 250-foot elevation gain in about 0.8 mi. Lots of stops for bathroom, water refills, chat w A & S (whom I passed twice enroute), and phone. Plus I ran an energetic 9+ miles yesterday. So this pace was fine, an ideal run-up to the NYC Marathon three weeks from now, especially considering a PR marathon just two weeks ago. I should be good to go! It's taper time, mayhaps even time right now for a beer and a few handfuls of cashews. Shower first. No serious pains, but the left side of the ball of the left foot does hurt a little (what else is new), and the Lisfranc joint on the left foot got cranky. I thought I was past that. Guess not, but of course it never really slows me down much. Thought I felt pain in the Lisfranc joint in the right foot too; nothing now. Just sympathetic, or is that a genetic weak spot that will eventually give trouble like the other one has? Time will tell. This was such a beautiful, sunny, colorful fall day. A perfect day for running, and a wonderful run. Wahoo!

No comments: