Wednesday, October 06, 2010

The Weather Is Good For Running

Tuesday, Oct 5:

A wonderful romp in the park. 70 degrees, setting sun, slightly breezy, low humidity, and the beginning of fall color. What more could a runner ask? I didn’t push too hard, walking up many of the hills. 6.8 miles in 1:14, pace about 10:43, not too speedy but I did stop to take pictures a few times.

Saturday, Oct 2:

St Croix Valley Runners. Many of the runners were preparing to run the Twin Cities Marathon the next day, Sunday, so they walked three miles together, our traditional way to prepare for TCM.

Three of us ran the five miles, but the other two zipped out ahead of me, so as long as I was alone I took the McKusick route instead of the usual one, looping around Lake McKusick and through some neighborhoods. I do NOT like running along Manning Avenue with its 55 mph (plus) traffic. Five miles in 47:30. Not fast, but good enough. A beautiful day to run.

Thursday, Sept 30:

Evening run with Rich. What a lovely night for a nice, easy run, 5.1 miles in 54 minutes, then a beer afterward. Life is good

There are miles and miles of trails in Washington County's parks. This is one short piece.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Beautiful photo, Don. And I agree...this weather has been exceptional for running. What a treat for October!