Sunday, May 09, 2010

14-Mile Day

Happy Mothers Day!

Sunday, May 9, Run In The Park:

The grass trails in the park were in perfect shape this afternoon, despite the 3/4 inch rain 36 hours before. I love those trails. There is one particular route that is ten miles exactly. Temp was 55 degrees, perfect for shorts and a short-sleeved technical shirt.

Minor complaints from the left lisfranc joints, the right ankle, and the left hip (that’s a new one). Time 1:46:30, pace 10:39, I wish it were faster, but I did run most of the time and it was what I could do today. Nice park, nice trails, enjoyable run.

Sunday, May 9, Race For The Cure:

The Race for the Cure 5k is a huge annual event in Minnesota, drawing tens of thousands of runners and walkers. We three almost always go, to support a sister-in-law who is a survivor, and in the hope of a cure, of course! The weather was spectacular today, cool (36 degrees) but bright sun and no wind. One shirt, a wind jacket, and tights were plenty, maybe a little too much.

I didn’t start far enough toward the front, and was held back by the crowd some of the time, but still finished in 28:30, which is plenty good enough. Including the run to the start, and more after the race, total distance was at least 4 miles.

Saturday, May 8, St Croix Valley Runners:

The St Croix Valley Runners, five of us today in the cold, windy mist. Two Daves out in front, with George, Gauss, and me following well behind in no particular hurry. Five miles in 48 minutes, pace 9:36. Nice run - I enjoy chatting with those guys.


Breakfast with oatmeal on the top for a change.
 Breakfast

2 comments:

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

Awesome work, Don! (Awesome breakfast too!)

peter said...

14 miles on Mother's Day, and a great RFTC earlier in the week. I wish I had those type of days in my present being! (injured.) You're an inspiration, Don.