Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Runs in the Park

Tuesday, November 24, 2009:

Blacktop trails in the park again today, because of the crummy weather and wet grass. 3.6 miles in 33:58, for a pace of 9:26. Hmmm - seemed faster than that - I was pushing pretty hard - wonder if I should re-measure that route.

Oh well, it’s good enough. A half hour of pretty good exercise. No pains.

I wore the Brooks Launch shoes - they really are the shoes to which other shoes will have to measure up. My last pair of Brooks Burns are wearing out, but that’s OK, because these will do the same job.

Monday, November 23, 2009:

I love running in the park. This time I ran on the blacktop trails because the grass was wet from the rain. 5.8 miles in 55:50, for a pace of 9:38. Humph. Well I guess that’s good enough. I ran most of the way, walking only for a few hills. Pace was consistent, the first half taking 12 seconds longer than the second half. And I saw my sweeties several times.

Just a slight pain in the right knee. Not enough to worry about, but I do wonder if that knee will give me real trouble someday. Meantime, though, it’s a masterpiece.

Saturday, November 21, 2009:

St Croix Valley Runners, five miles in 52:06. Uffda. Not too speedy, but an enjoyable run nonetheless. We had at least 9 runners today, probably more. Paul, George, Gauss, Dave2, Candy, Wayne, Charley, Kent, myself, any more? Gauss and I brought up the rear, plugging along steadily.

We ran Wayne’s route today, taking us across a wooden bridge over a lake, and through some neighborhoods. It avoids the 55-mph roads entirely, and I like that.






Potroast
delight,
tonight's
dinner.

No comments: