Sunday, September 14, 2008

Life Happens

I do NOT like Ike! We drove eleven hundred miles to run eleven miles. The Lewis & Clark Marathon was rained out. Flooded out, actually. Ike paid a visit to St Charles MO, leaving six inches of rain behind, and some of the race course ended up under water. Race organizers apparently had no alternative plans, so those of us who braved the horizontal rain ran a flood-shortened eleven-mile "half marathon" and got a half-marathon medal for our trouble. No marathon.

Rats.

But it was a new experience, nonetheless. More tomorrow.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hopefully you got to spend some time in St. Charles then? It is one of my favorite places to visit...especially in the fall.

Anonymous said...

Don,
Just found your blog as I've been searching for runners who are more 'seasoned'! Great blog! You also have some fantastic times. Congrats. I just started a blog: Running Over 50. I linked your blog. Take care. Left, right, repeat.