Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Flat Four

Four miles this morning, flat course, nice hard road surfaces, 65 degrees with a decent dew point. Nice run. Time 35:39, pace 8:55. Breathing was mostly four footfalls per full breath, but sometimes as fast as three, especially toward the end of the run. A "tempo" pace for me these days, it appears. But any pace is better than no pace.

Yesterday I ordered a pair of Brooks Ghost shoes, a brand-new neutral training shoe model. I have burned up 17 pairs of Brooks Burns, and then of course they discontinued that model. The Ghost is not a direct replacement, it’s a couple of ounces heavier I hear, but it’s the next best Brooks model and I have found Brooks shoes to fit exceptionally well. So we’ll test a pair.

Dex Lunch
Dex lunch, meant to be healthful and relatively low carb: Organic chicken, vidalia onions, organic carrots, kiwi, plain water. I probably should have left out the kiwi, but I wanted the color for the picture :-)

No comments: