Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Biking Is Supposed to be Easy on the Knees

Sunday and today I treated my sore foot to a one-hour bicycle ride each day. Sunday morning early, I rode into a high-end housing development and tore up the hike/bike trails there, but never saw a soul. Today I rode into the county park, by way of my favorite dirt road along the RR tracks, then onto the park’s grass hike/horse trails. Again, never saw another person on those trails. A real shame. Plenty of people in the camping areas of the park though, that’s a good thing.

One problem: Both days my right knee hurt, directly under the kneecap, after about 45 minutes of hard biking. I hope that goes away. Can’t run, can’t bike? Tell me it’s not so! Tomorrow the (ugh) elliptical machine at the club. Barf.

But I’m going to get that plantar fasciitis fixed one way or another! No running.

Yummy chicken
Grilled free-range chicken marinated in lime, pickled beets, sugared ginger. Weight Watcher estimated points = 5.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Mmmm...I LOVE pickled beets!