Sunday, October 28, 2007

Grand Rapids Marathon, Michigan

Whooee! Another state falls under the running shoes. We three all finished the Grand Rapids (MI) Marathon today in good enough times. Three happy runners. That’s my 27th marathon and 16th state, and my sweeties’ 12th marathon and 11th state.

My time was 4:04:32 and my sweeties finished in 7:00:31. That’s 28 minutes over my PR from TCM last year, but only about five minutes over my sweeties’ PRs at NYC last year. They did very well indeed. Now we're languishing in cozy comfort, enjoying good food and our runners’ highs. Nothing hurts!

We met some wonderful people yesterday and today, especially Vickie, a Grand Rapids running blogger friend. She’s a very interesting person, and she helped us at LOT in getting around GR. She ran the half today.

More about the Grand Rapids Marathon in a day or two. Now I lay me down to sleep.

Salad on the road
Salad on the road: Organic romaine, avocado, organic walnuts, giant stuffed olives, organic plum, blue cheese, raspberry vinegar.

No comments: